For the cake sponge
For the filling
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C /Fan160°C/Gas 4. Brush the mini bundt cake tray very generously with melted butter.
2. To make the cupcakes, cream the Siúcra Rich Dark Sugar and butter until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs.
3. Fold in the flour, melted chocolate and milk to form a batter.
4. Spoon the mixture into the tray and bake for about 8 to 11 minutes until cooked i.e. when a skewer is inserted in and it comes out clean. Allow them to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning them out onto a rack to cool completely before sandwiching them together.
5. To make the butter cream, cream the butter, Siúcra Icing Sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and orange zest together until smooth and light.
6. To assemble, when the cakes are cold, to form a “pumpkin”, sandwich the bases of two mini cakes together with buttercream.
7. Knead an orange colour paste into the Siúcra Roll Out Icing Sugar. Shape out 6 pumpkin stems and leaves to decorate the cakes.
8. Place on the “pumpkins” and dust with golden shimmer.
Recipe supplied by Catherine Fulvio