For caramelised walnuts
For the filling
For the pancakes
To make the caramelised walnuts
1. Line a baking tray with parchment and brush lightly with a non-scented oil. Place the walnut halves onto the parchment paper.
2. Pour the Siúcra Caster Sugar into a non-stick saucepan and heat until just amber in colour. Pour the caramelised sugar over the walnuts and leave to set.
To prepare the filling
1. Heat a saucepan with some oil and sauté the leek for 6 minutes until softened but not browned. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the red pepper, thyme, stock and cook for a further 3 minutes before adding the shredded kale and nutmeg. Simmer for about 2 minutes before pouring in the cream. Set aside until the pancakes are cooked.
To prepare the pancakes
1. Combine the plain flour, Siúcra Caster Sugar and spinach in a bowl. Add a pinch of paprika. Beat together the eggs and milk and slowly whisk into the flour mix. Pour into a jug.
2. When ready to cook, heat the frying pan and add a little butter and oil, give the batter a quick stir and then pour just enough into the pan to make a large size pancake.
3. Cook for about 1½ minutes and then turn onto the other side, cooking for about ½ minute until golden and cooked.
4. Place on a clean plate continuing to finish all the batter. Place sheets of parchment into between the pancakes to prevent them from sticking.
1. Place a pancake on the plate, spoon in the filling on one half and fold the other half over.
2. Serve 2 pancakes per person and crumble the feta over the top as well as some caramelized walnuts. Garnish with sprigs of thyme.
Recipe supplied by Catherine Fulvio