For the batter
To prepare the French toast
1. Spread 4 slices of bread with cream cheese, add the chopped pancetta, orange, cinnamon and chopped chives.
2. Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and “sandwich” the bread together.
To make the batter
1. Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, sugar, cinnamon, salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan with little oil and butter.
3. Slice the “sandwiches” into 2 triangles and dip each into the egg batter.
4. Place into the heated pan and cook on each side until golden.
5. Continue until all the “sandwiches” are cooked.
1. Place 2 pieces onto each plate, dust with icing sugar.
2. Garnish each with 2 slices of grilled pancetta and lengths of chives.
3. Serve immediately.
Recipe supplied by Catherine Fulvio