1. Line a 20cm square tin with parchment.
2. One tray, toast the whole pecans in the oven at 160˚C for five minutes. Once cooled, chop into small pieces and set aside.
3. In a large pot, add the Siúcra Brown Sugar, milk, butter, golden syrup, condensed milk and 1tbsp sea salt. Stir together and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
4. Boil the mix for 15-20 minutes or until mix is golden. Drop a piece of the mix into cold water, if it turns into a squidgy but firm ball, the mix is ready. Remove from the heat.
5. Using an electric mixer, beat the mix for about 5 minutes or until the fudge has thickened.
6. Pour the mix into the prepared tin and sprinkle on the chopped pecans and 1tbsp sea salt. Allow to set in the fridge for 1-2 hours, the fudge should be slightly soft.
7. Once cooled, cut into squares and serve. Wrap in cellophane bags to create a nice edible gift for friends and family.
Siúcra x Easy Food