For the slaw
For the burger
1. For the pork, with a sharp knife, make little slits all over the pork.
2. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, spices, brown sugar and olive oil. Rub all over the pork.
3. Place the slices of onion in the base of the slow cooker and put the pork on top. Pour in the stock. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 until the meat is falling off the bone.
4. Transfer the pork to a chopping board and use two forks to shred the meat. Discard the skin and as much fat as desired.
5. Place the pork in a bowl and add 30ml of the liquid from the slow cooker. Toss through the BBQ sauce and set aside.
6. For the slaw, in a small bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot and red onion. Add the vinegar and sugar and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
7. To assemble the burger, spread the bottom bun with some BBQ sauce. Add some of the pulled pork and a layer of the pickled slaw. Spread mayo on the top of the bun, place on top and serve with chunky chips.
Siúcra x EasyFood