For the compote
200g frozen mixed berries
2 tbsp orange juice
50g Siúcra Caster Sugar
For the pancakes
2 ripe bananas
1 tsp cinnamon
50g self-raising flour
Sunflower oil, for cooking
1. Combine all of the ingredients for the compote in a saucepan. Cook over a medium heat for five minutes until the Siúcra Caster Sugar has dissolved and the fruit has softened. Set aside.
2. For the pancakes, combine the oats, bananas, eggs, cinnamon and flour in the bowl of a food processor. Whizz together until well combined.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and brush with some sunflower oil. Add a ladleful of batter into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until golden.
4. Transfer to a plate to keep warm and repeat until all the batter is used.
5. Stack the pancakes with some yoghurt and compote between the layers. Sprinkle on some chopped nuts and blueberries, then serve.
Siúcra x EasyFood
Here you can find both satisfying and sweet treats for a very happy Easter weekend.
Time for citrus
Is there anything better than to start the morning with homemade marmalade on your toast. Let the season's citrus fruits inspire you.
Inspired by the Japanese breakfast staple, Puffed Pancakes with Strawberries, Cinnamon Syrup and Lemon Cream, served warm and straight from the pan are sure to be a winner with all the family.
Mmm! What could be better than a rich, sumptuous chocolate cake to lift the spirits – either as an indulgent treat or to round off a meal.
Cheesecakes of every kind
How about serving up a creamy, tangy cheesecake rather than a regular cake at your party? Cheesecakes come in many different variations, forms and flavours.