For the base
20g Siúcra Light Golden-Brown Sugar
For the cheesecake filling
360g cream cheese, room temp.
180g Siúcra Caster Sugar
40g plain flour
200ml sour cream
1tbsp vanilla extract
50g chocolate chips
For the nests
180g shredded wheat, crushed
150g milk chocolate, melted
36 mini eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/ 160˚C fan/ gas mark 4 and line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases.
2. For the base, whizz the biscuits in a food processor until they are roughly crushed, or place in a sealable bag and bash with a rolling pin.
3. Place the crushed biscuits and Light Golden-Brown Sugar into a bowl and pour over the melted butter. Stir together until the mixture resembles wet sand.
4. Divide the mix between the cupcake cases and push firmly to form an even base for the cheesecake. Place in the fridge to set while you make the filling.
5. In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition.
6. Stir in the flour, sour cream, vanilla and chocolate chips.
7. Divide the mix between the cupcake cakes. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Remove the cupcake cases.
8. To make the nests, stir together the shredded wheat and the melted chocolate. Spoon on top of each cheesecakes, use the back of a teaspoon to make a small well.
9. Place in the fridge and allow the chocolate to set. Put 2-3 mini eggs into each nest.
Here you can find both satisfying and sweet treats for a very happy Easter weekend.
Time for citrus
Is there anything better than to start the morning with homemade marmalade on your toast. Let the season's citrus fruits inspire you.
Inspired by the Japanese breakfast staple, Puffed Pancakes with Strawberries, Cinnamon Syrup and Lemon Cream, served warm and straight from the pan are sure to be a winner with all the family.
Mmm! What could be better than a rich, sumptuous chocolate cake to lift the spirits – either as an indulgent treat or to round off a meal.
Cheesecakes of every kind
How about serving up a creamy, tangy cheesecake rather than a regular cake at your party? Cheesecakes come in many different variations, forms and flavours.