For the frosted pistachios
For the frosting
To prepare the cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
2. Line a 32cm x 23cm rectangle baking tray with baking parchment.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, bread soda, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg into a large bowl and set aside.
4. Whisk the oil, Siúcra Brown Sugar, eggs and vanilla extract together in the bowl.
5. Pour the oil sugar mixture into the flour and the spices and fold to combine.
6. Fold in the grated carrots, walnuts and white chocolate in the mix.
7. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for about 35 to 35 minutes until the cake is cooked (test with a skewer – when inserted, it should out clean).
8. The cake must be completely cold before decorating.
To prepare the pistachios
1. Line a tray with baking parchment.
2. Heat the Siúcra Caster Sugar in a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat until liquid but not amber, remove from the heat and add the pistachios and fold gently.
3. Spread out evenly on baking parchment and leave to set and then chop them fairly finely.
To make the frosting
1. Add the cream cheese and butter into a mixer and whisk while adding Siúcra Icing Sugar, lemon zest and vanilla bean paste.
2. Whisk well until smooth. Spoon into a piping bag, ready to use.
To make the carrots
1. Colour a piece of Siúcra Ready Roll Fondant with orange food paste and shape into 6 little carrots.
1. Using a round scone cutter, ensure that you will get 12 circles out of the cake before you cut the shapes.
2. Trim to level and lay 6 circles of cake out, snip the piping bag and pipe on each, place the next layer on top.
3. Spoon some chopped pistachios over the top and place a carrot on top of each cake, add a rosemary sprig for the leaves.
4. Transfer to your cake stand or platter.
Recipe supplied by Catherine Fulvio