For the biscuits
180g plain flour
60g Siucra caster sugar
A pinch of nutmeg
120g soft butter
1 orange, zest only
4 tbsp. cocoa powder, sieved
40g dark chocolate (min 70% cocoa solids), grated
40ml to 50ml cold water
For the dip
4 tbsp rum
½ tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp. Siucra icing sugar
100g dark chocolate, melted
Orange zest, to decorate
To make the heart biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160C°/gas 4 and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Place the flour, Siúcra sugar and nutmeg into a bowl and rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the orange zest, grated chocolate and sieved cocoa powder.
3. Add enough cold water for form a firm dough and lightly knead until combined.
4. Wrap in parchment and leave to chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes before rolling out.
5. Dust a clean surface with a little sieved cocoa powder and roll out to 1 cm thick.
6. Using your heart shaped cutter, cut out shapes.
7. Place the biscuits on a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for about 14 to 16 minutes until cooked – this depends on the size of the biscuits. Remove from the oven, leave on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
To prepare the dip
1. Whisk together the mascarpone, cream, rum and vanilla extract.
2. Fold in Siúcra Icing Sugar. Spoon into a bowl and arrange the biscuits around to dip.
To decorate the biscuits
1. When cold, spoon the melted chocolate into a piping bag without a nozzle. Snip the end of the piping bag and drizzle the chocolate over the biscuits. Sprinkle over orange zest to decorate.