For the filling
For the Chocolate fudge sauce
For the pancakes
To prepare the filling
1. Place the orange juice and 3 tbsp water into a medium saucepan with Siúcra Caster Sugar and a pinch of ground cinnamon.
2. Bring to the boil, stirring most of the time, then lower the heat and simmer slowly until a light syrup forms.
3. Add the orange segments to the syrup.
To make the sauce
1. Place the cream, Siúcra Caster Sugar and chocolate into saucepan and heat over a low heat until the chocolate and sugar melts and the sauce thickens.
2. Add the butter and stir very well. Set aside.
3. Chop 3 tbsp of the hazelnuts while keeping the 1 tbsp whole for the top of the stack.
To prepare the pancakes
1. Combine the plain flour, ground cinnamon and Siúcra Caster Sugar in a bowl. Beat together the eggs and milk and slowly whisk into the flour mix. Leave to stand for 10 minutes and pour into a jug.
2. When ready to cook, heat the frying pan and add a little butter and oil.
3. Swirl enough batter into the pan to make a pancake that will fit the size of your cake stand or serving platter.
4. Cook for about 1½ minutes and then turn onto the other side, cooking for about ½ minute until golden and cooked. Place on a clean plate continuing to make all the batter.
5. Place sheets of parchment paper in between the pancakes to prevent them from sticking.
1. Place a cool pancake on a cake stand, spread over some cream, drizzle over the chocolate fudge sauce and chopped orange.
2. Continue to layer up and finally end with chocolate fudge sauce with a sprinkling over of hazelnuts and some orange zest.
3. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe supplied by Catherine Fulvio