To frost the glasses
For the sugar syrup
For the cocktail
1. To frost the glasses, dip the rims of the glasses into water and then into the Siúcra Caster Sugar.
2. To make the syrup, place the Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar and the water into a saucepan and heat until boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until a light syrup forms. Leave to cool completely.
3. Place the pineapple rings and some juice into a blender and puree until smooth.
4. Slice the passion fruit in half, and scoop into a sieve along with the pureed pineapple. Press both through the sieve to collect the delicious juice.
5. Thread a few pieces of pineapple onto a cocktail stick.
6. Add ice into the glasses, followed by the vodka, 2 tbsp of the syrup and top it up with the pineapple passion fruit juice. Stir and float a pineapple skewer to each.
Recipe supplied by Catherine Fulvio