For the glaze
1. Roast the confit duck legs in a hot oven (per packet instructions) for about 25-30 minutes until crispy-skinned, tender, pull-apart meat and the fat has rendered. Remove the legs and allow to cool slightly until you can handle, then take the meat and skin from the bones.
2. Make the glaze by adding all the ingredients to a saucepan and bringing to the boil, then reduce until you have about 4-5 tbsp of a glossy, dark thin caramel consistency.
3. Whilst warm, pour the glaze over the duck and coat each piece.
4. Steam your bao per packet instructions (either in the microwave or in a bamboo steamer) as you prepare the cucumber, pomegranate and chive garnish.
5. When the bao are still warm and fluffy, assemble and enjoy warm.
For more recipe inspiration, follow GastroGays on Instagram:@gastrogays