For the sponge
300g unsalted butter, softened
300g Siúcra Caster Sugar
300g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp milk
Zest of 2 lemons
For the filling
100g lemon curd
300g fresh raspberries
200g Siúcra Icing Sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
100g fresh raspberries
Zest of 1 lemon
Dried rose petals (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Line three 20cm round cake tins with non-stick parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter and Siúcra Caster Sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, milk and lemon zest. Mix until just combined, then pour into the prepared tins.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool.
5. Meanwhile, make the filling. In a bowl, gently fold together the mascarpone and lemon curd.
6. Place the first sponge onto the cake stand and spread over some of the mascarpone filling. Add some fresh raspberries, then place the second sponge on top and repeat. Finish with the final sponge.
7. In a bowl, combine the Siúcra Icing Sugar and lemon juice to make a loose icing. Spoon over the top sponge and allow to drizzle down the sides slightly. Top with fresh raspberries, lemon zest and some dried rose petals.
Siúcra x EasyFood
Here you can find both satisfying and sweet treats for a very happy Easter weekend.
Time for citrus
Is there anything better than to start the morning with homemade marmalade on your toast. Let the season's citrus fruits inspire you.
Inspired by the Japanese breakfast staple, Puffed Pancakes with Strawberries, Cinnamon Syrup and Lemon Cream, served warm and straight from the pan are sure to be a winner with all the family.
Mmm! What could be better than a rich, sumptuous chocolate cake to lift the spirits – either as an indulgent treat or to round off a meal.
Cheesecakes of every kind
How about serving up a creamy, tangy cheesecake rather than a regular cake at your party? Cheesecakes come in many different variations, forms and flavours.