1. Place the pork belly in a pot of boiling water for one minute, then drain. Cut the pork into chunks of around 6-8cm. Set aside.
2. In the bottom of a medium casserole, place the spring onions in a thick, even layer. Arrange the ginger, garlic slices and chilli evenly over the spring onions.
3. Add the pork belly pieces, skin-side down.
4. Whisk together the rice wine vinegar, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, Chinese five spice and Siúcra Brown Sugar. Pour over the pork.
5. Cover and place the dish over a medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce the heat to low and simmer for 90 minutes; there is no need to stir.
6. Turn the pork belly skin-side up in the dish, cover again and allow to simmer very gently for another 90 minutes.
7. Transfer the pork pieces to a plate, tent loosely with foil and set aside. For extra crispy skin, place the pork pieces skin-side up on a lined baking tray and cook under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes before resting.
8. Strain the braising liquid through a sieve into a saucepan. Allow to bubble over a medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes until reduced. Pour into a small dish for dipping. Serve the pork belly with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and toothpicks.
Siúcra x Easy Food