For the lemon curd
For the biscuits
White chocolate buttercream
1. For the lemon curd, in a saucepan over a low heat melt the butter. Add the sugar, lemon juice and zest. Stir in the beaten egg yolks.
2. Continue to stir over a gentle heat until mixture coats the back of a spoon.
3. Remove from heat, and pour into a bowl. Allow the curd to cool, the mixture will thicken as it cools.
4. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line 2-3 baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
5. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and the sugar. Add the eggs and lemon zest and beat until just incorporated. Sift in the flour and cornflour and mix well. Use your hands to gather the mixture together to form a ball. Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or until firm.
6. Remove the chilled dough and place on a floured surface. Roll the dough to about 5mm thick. Using a flower cutter cut out the biscuits, then use a small round cutter to cut out the centres of half of the biscuits. Place the biscuits onto a lined tray, leaving space between the biscuits as they can spread slightly once baked.
7. Put the trays of biscuits into the fridge for at least 10-15 minutes.
8. Remove from the fridge and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the biscuits are a pale golden brown colour. Remove from the oven and leave them until completely cooled.
9. For the white chocolate buttercream, in a bowl beat together the icing sugar and butter until smooth. Pour in the melted white chocolate and beat until well combined. Add 1-2 tsp of milk to loosen the icing to spreadable consistency if needed.
10. To assemble the biscuits, spread some white chocolate buttercream onto all of the biscuits without a hole. Add 1-2tsp of lemon curd on top of the buttercream and place the biscuit with the hole on top.
Siúcra x EasyFood