For the Cinnamon Syrup
For the cream
For the pancakes
1. To make the cinnamon syrup, combine the water, Siúcra Caster Sugar and cinnamon sticks together in a medium saucepan over a high heat and bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until a light syrup forms. Leave to cool completely.
2. To prepare the cream, whisk together mascarpone, cream, lemon juice and zest and Siúcra Icing Sugar until smooth and set aside, ready to serve. (This must be ready before you bake the pancake).
3. To prepare the pancakes, separate the eggs, place the egg whites into the freezer for 15 minutes.
4. In the meantime, whisk the egg yolks, with the vanilla extract, milk, oil, water and whisk until thick and light. Fold the flour and baking powder into the mix.
5. Take the egg whites out of the freezer and whisk with the sugar until fluffy.
6. Fold the egg yolk mixture with the Siúcra Caster Sugar and egg white together.
7. Brush a non-stick large frying pan with the rapeseed oil on the base and heat the pan over a medium low heat.
8. Spoon small amounts of batter into the frying pan, about 4 at a time – cover with a lid and cook for 1 minute on each side.
9. To serve, place the pancakes on platters, arrange the strawberries, pour over some cinnamon syrup and dust with Siúcra Icing Sugar. Spoon the cream over. Decorate with mint leaves.
Recipe supplied by Catherine Fulvio