For the pastry
450g plain flour
1 tsp Siúcra Granulated Sugar
200g cold butter, cubed
1 tbsp cold water
For the topping
60g plain flour
75g Siúcra Light Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
Pinch of salt
1 tsp orange zest
125g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
For the filling
250g Siúcra Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp salt
750g strawberries, destemmed, cored and thickly sliced
750g rhubarb, trimmed and sliced
1 tsp orange zest
2 tsp fresh orange juice
Custard or vanilla ice cream
1. Add the flour and Siúcra Granulated Sugar for the pastry to a bowl and rub in the butter until crumbly. Add a bit of water until the mixture comes together as a dough. Shape into a disc, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Fit the dough round into a 23cm tart tin. Pierce the bottom of the crust all over with a fork and freeze for another 20 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, Siúcra Light Brown Sugar, ginger, salt and orange zest. Stir in the melted butter. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together the Siúcra Granulated Sugar, cornflour and salt. Add the strawberries and rhubarb and stir to combine. Let stand for 20 minutes, then drain off the excess liquid.
6. Stir in the orange zest and juice. Pour the filling into the crust. Sprinkle with the crumble topping and place the pie dish on a baking sheet.
7. Bake for 45-55 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, covering the top and edges with aluminum foil if they brown too quickly.
8. Leave to cool completely before serving with custard or ice cream.
Siúcra x EasyFood
Here you can find both satisfying and sweet treats for a very happy Easter weekend.
Time for citrus
Is there anything better than to start the morning with homemade marmalade on your toast. Let the season's citrus fruits inspire you.
Inspired by the Japanese breakfast staple, Puffed Pancakes with Strawberries, Cinnamon Syrup and Lemon Cream, served warm and straight from the pan are sure to be a winner with all the family.
Mmm! What could be better than a rich, sumptuous chocolate cake to lift the spirits – either as an indulgent treat or to round off a meal.
Cheesecakes of every kind
How about serving up a creamy, tangy cheesecake rather than a regular cake at your party? Cheesecakes come in many different variations, forms and flavours.