For the snowman cake
For the base icing
For the decoration
1. To make the cakes, line 2 round cake tins, one x 10cm and the other a 16cm with parchment.
2. Melt the dark and milk chocolate with the butter in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir in the Siúcra Rich Dark Sugar.
3. Mix the biscuits, cherries halves and marshmallows in a bowl so that they are mixed together.
4. Add the biscuit mix to the melted butter chocolate and stir well until everything is coated.
5. Spoon the mixture into the tins, pat down with the back of the spoon and leave to set ideally overnight.
6. To decorate the snowman, remove the cakes from the tins and place on a board, the smaller round for the head and the large for its body.
7. Using some Siúcra Icing Sugar to dust a clean surface, roll out the Siúcra Roll Out Icing into a circle to fit the head, tuck in the sides.
8. Using black, red and blue paste, colour some Siúcra Roll Out Icing Sugar and shape for the hat, scarf, eyes, nose and buttons.
9. Mix the Siúcra Royal Icing Sugar with some water to make a stiff paste and use to glue the face and clothing into position. Spoon the remainder into a piping bag and pipe an edge around.
Recipe supplied by Catherine Fulvio