For the filling
100ml whipped cream
4 tbsp. Siúcra Icing Sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp vanilla bean paste
2 tbsp. Marsala (or sherry)
2 lemons, zest only
2 tbsp. candied lemon peel
80g dark chocolate, chopped
For the pancakes
180g plain flour
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp. Siúcra Caster Sugar
2 to 3 tbsp water, if batter is too thick
Butter & sunflower oil, for frying
Siúcra Icing Sugar, to dust
Melted chocolate, to decorate
To prepare the filling
1. Whisk together the ricotta, cream and Siúcra Icing Sugar. Add the ground cinnamon, vanilla bean paste, Marsala and lemon zest.
2. Lightly fold in the candied lemon peel and chopped chocolate. Spoon into a piping bag without a nozzle and place in the fridge until the pancakes are ready to be assembled.
To make the pancakes
1. Place the flour, salt and Siúcra Caster Sugar into a bowl.
2. Whisk the egg and milk together in a jug and then pour it into the flour mix until a thin batter forms.
3. Pour this back into the jug as it will be easier to pour into the frying pan and leave the batter to settle for 10 minutes.
4. To cook the pancakes, heat the frying pan and add a little butter and oil. Pour some batter into the hot pan and swirl it around to form a circle. The pancakes should be small to represent the size of a cannoli (8-10cm) so choose a small frying pan.
5. Cook for about 1½ minutes until golden and then flip or lift over and cook for about another ½ minute.
6. Place on a clean plate continuing to make all the batter.
7. Place sheets of parchment paper in between the pancakes to prevent them from sticking and allow to cool.
1. Pipe the filling lengthways in the cooled pancakes and roll up, place the cannoli pancakes on a serving platter, dust with icing sugar and spoon over melted chocolate.
2. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe supplied by Catherine Fulvio
Here you can find both satisfying and sweet treats for a very happy Easter weekend.
Time for citrus
Is there anything better than to start the morning with homemade marmalade on your toast. Let the season's citrus fruits inspire you.
Inspired by the Japanese breakfast staple, Puffed Pancakes with Strawberries, Cinnamon Syrup and Lemon Cream, served warm and straight from the pan are sure to be a winner with all the family.
Mmm! What could be better than a rich, sumptuous chocolate cake to lift the spirits – either as an indulgent treat or to round off a meal.
Cheesecakes of every kind
How about serving up a creamy, tangy cheesecake rather than a regular cake at your party? Cheesecakes come in many different variations, forms and flavours.