For the prosecco syrup
For the frosted cranberries
For the cake
For the icing
For the bow
1. To prepare the prosecco syrup, place the sugar, prosecco and cranberry juice into a large saucepan and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until medium to thick consistency.
2. Leave to cool completely before using.
3. To prepare the frosted cranberries, use 3 tbsp of the prosecco syrup, combine the cranberries into this and then spread the Siúcra Granulated Sugar out on a large plate. Roll the syrupy cranberries into the sugar and leave to dry.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
5. To prepare the cake, brush a 22cm round tin (or a spring form tin) with a hole in the centre generously with melted butter.
6. Place the butter, Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar, vanilla extract and whisk until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and whisk well.
7. Sift the plain flour and baking powder together and fold into the egg mixture.
8. Add in enough milk to form a soft cake batter.
9. Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer is inserted and it comes out clean.
10. To prepare the icing, whisk all the ingredients together until light and fluffy.
11. When the cake is bake and is still hot, make some holes in the top with a skewer and pour the prosecco syrup over, spreading as you go. Leave to soak in.
12. To decorate, place the cake on a cake stand. Using a palette knife, spread the icing over the top, sides and inside of the cake.
13. Colour some Siúcra Roll Out Icing Sugar with red colour paste and make a bow.
14. Arrange the frosted cranberries, rosemary sprigs dusted in sugar and the pretty bow on top.
Recipe supplied by Catherine Fulvio