For the cinnamon toffee syrup
80g Siucra dark brown sugar
3 tbsp water
½ tsp ground cinnamon
For the pancakes
180g plain flour
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp Siucra caster sugar
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 to 3 tbsp water, if batter is too thick
For the icing
125g Siucra icing sugar
Oil, for frying
1. To prepare the toffee syrup, melt the butter and Siucra dark brown sugar and water together with the ground cinnamon and simmer on lower for about 8 minutes to thicken. Take off the heat, pour the mixture into a bowl or jug, this must be cold before you use it.
2. To make the pancakes, place the flour, salt, Siucra caster sugar into a bowl.
3. Whisk the egg and milk together in a jug and then pour it into the flour mix until a thin batter forms.
4. Pour this back into the jug as it will be easy to pour into the frying pan.
5. Leave the batter to settle for 2 minutes.
6. To prepare the icing, Put the icing sugar into a small bowl and add water. Mix together until the icing becomes thick enough to coat with a back of a spoon, you are looking for a nice pouring consistency, you don't want it too runny or it will spill over pancakes and onto the plate. If necessary, add more water (but just a drop at a time) until it is thick/thin enough to use, or alternatively if too thin add a teaspoon more icing sugar.
7. To cook the pancakes, heat the frying pan with a little oil. Pour batter into the pan. Pour the toffee syrup into a piping bag and then swirl some of the cinnamon toffee syrup onto the batter. Cook for about 1½ minutes until golden and then flip or lift over and cook for about another ½ minute. You will need to clean your pan after each pancake.
8. Repeat until all the batter is finished, keeping them warm. To serve, stack 3 or 4 pancakes and drizzle over the icing, so that the pancakes resemble a cinnamon roll!
Recipe supplied by Catherine Fulvio
Here you can find both satisfying and sweet treats for a very happy Easter weekend.
Time for citrus
Is there anything better than to start the morning with homemade marmalade on your toast. Let the season's citrus fruits inspire you.
Inspired by the Japanese breakfast staple, Puffed Pancakes with Strawberries, Cinnamon Syrup and Lemon Cream, served warm and straight from the pan are sure to be a winner with all the family.
Mmm! What could be better than a rich, sumptuous chocolate cake to lift the spirits – either as an indulgent treat or to round off a meal.
Cheesecakes of every kind
How about serving up a creamy, tangy cheesecake rather than a regular cake at your party? Cheesecakes come in many different variations, forms and flavours.