To prepare the soup
1. Heat a saucepan with a little oil, add the butternut squash, onions and potatoes, cumin, curry powder and red Chilli, salt and pepper and sauté for about 4 minutes, stirring from time to time.
2. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook until the vegetables are soft. This will take about 15 minutes.
3. Pour in the coconut milk and simmer for about 8 minutes. Check the seasoning, adding salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Blend until smooth.
To prepare the caramelised leeks
1. Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan and add the leek and Siúcra golden granulated sugar and cook on low for about 6 to 7 minutes until caramelised. Check the seasoning adding salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. When ready to serve, ladle the soup into soup bowls, Spoon on some cream, add the caramelised leeks to each bowl.
3. Sprinkle over coriander leaves to serve.
Recipe supplied by Catherine Fulvio