1) add and mix the plain flour, Siúcra Caster Sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder to a large mixing bowl.
2) pour in the Buttermilk and melted butter.
3) separate the eggs and add the yolks only (keep the whites for the end)
4) mix the ingredients together with a spatula, until all the ingredients are blended, but don't over mix as it will stop your pancakes from being fluffy. It’s fine if there are little lumps. They’re good!
5) add the egg whites, these are added separately to make the pancakes EXTRA fluffy.
6) add the vanilla and gently stir the mixture.
7) if you have time let the mixture rest for up to 10 mins to allow the raising agents to get working.
8) heat a pan to a medium heat and melt some butter onto it.
9) use a 1/3 cup measure to ladle some mixture onto the middle of the pan.
10) when the pancake starts to bubble on the top it is time to flip it over.
11) cook until the bottom of the pancake is also golden brown and then remove from the pan.
12) top with all your favorite toppings and don't forget to sprinkle Siúcra icing sugar on top to give it that finishing touch.
For more recipe inspiration, follow Lili Forberg on Instagram:@liliforberg