For the spiced syrup (makes about 120ml)
For the cocktail
For the glass rim frosting
To make the syrup
1. Place the Siúcra Demerara brown sugar, water, cloves, cinnamon stick and orange peel into a saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Add the ginger and nutmeg and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until a syrup forms. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely before straining. Pour into a glass bottle and seal.
To frost the rim of a martini glass
1. Combine the Siúcra golden granulated and Siúcra granulated sugars together with ground cinnamon on a plate.
2. Dip the rim into water and then into the cinnamon sugar and leave to dry for a few minutes.
To prepare the cocktail
1. Combine the bourbon, rosso vermouth, gin and spice syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice, shake well and strain into the prepared martini glass.
2. Decorate with a cinnamon stick and orange peel.
Recipe supplied by Catherine Fulvio