For the base
For the cheesecake
For the Butterscotch sauce
1) for the base- crumb the biscuits and add the Siúcra light golden brown sugar and melted butter and mix together.
2) press into a 9” (22 cm) lined spring form baking tin and bake for ten minutes on 220°
3) whisk the cream cheese in a mixing bowl, add the Siúcra light golden brown sugar and whisk until smooth.
4) add the flour, lemon juice and vanilla and gradually add the eggs and whisk.
5) stir in the sour cream and pour the mixture into the baking tin.
6) try to get rid of any air bubbles by gently tapping the tin on the counter a few times. Doing this will bring the bubbles to the surface and level out the top of your cake too!
7) bake on 220° for 10 minutes. Reduce to 110° and bake for a further 45 minutes. Let the cake cool in the closed oven. Once cooled, stick into the fridge to set.
For the butterscotch sauce
1) add Siúcra caster sugar to a pot and heat until melted.
2) add the butter and cream.
Stir until it forms into a sauce, don't worry if there are lumps, they will solve when heated.
3) remove from the stove and cool a little before drizzling over the baked cheesecake. You can also drizzle some melted chocolate.
For more recipe inspiration, follow Lili Forberg on Instagram:@liliforberg