75g Unsalted Butter
150 g Siúcra Caster Sugar
175 g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
2 Medium Eggs
1 tsp Red Food Colour
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
15 g Cocoa Powder
125 ml Buttermilk
1 packet of White Choc chips
1. Preheat oven at 160 degrees.
2. Beat together the butter and sugar in a stand mixer till smooth and fluffy like you would a normal cake! Add in the eggs and beat again!
3. Mix together the vanilla extract & the red food colouring. Add to the butter and sugar mix. Add more food colouring if you want a darker colour.
4. Slowly add in half of the buttermilk and flour. When mixed add in slowly the rest of the flour.
5. Lastly add the Bicarbonate of soda, baking powder. Mix until light and fluffy. Add in the white chocolate chips.
6. Add to bun buses. Don’t fill right to the top as they need room to expand.
7. Cook in the oven for 18 minutes.
8. Take them out, allow them to cool & then decorate.
9. You can decorate as you wish with icing sugar, flakes, mini eggs, chocolate bunnies, flowers etc. Make them as colourful as you wish.
Siúcra and Aoibhe Devlin
Here you can find both satisfying and sweet treats for a very happy Easter weekend.
Time for citrus
Is there anything better than to start the morning with homemade marmalade on your toast. Let the season's citrus fruits inspire you.
Inspired by the Japanese breakfast staple, Puffed Pancakes with Strawberries, Cinnamon Syrup and Lemon Cream, served warm and straight from the pan are sure to be a winner with all the family.
Mmm! What could be better than a rich, sumptuous chocolate cake to lift the spirits – either as an indulgent treat or to round off a meal.
Cheesecakes of every kind
How about serving up a creamy, tangy cheesecake rather than a regular cake at your party? Cheesecakes come in many different variations, forms and flavours.